All-Russia Research Institute of Automatics, STATE ATOMIC ENERGY CORPORATION ROSATOM
HOME
Production
SOFTWARE & HARDWARE FOR AUTOMATIC PROCESS CONTROL SYSTEMS
PRESSURE TRANSDUCERS AND RELAYS
NEUTRON GENERATORS
X-RAY UNITS
RADIATION MONITORS
EQUIPMENT FOR DETECTION OF FAST PROCESSES
ARC PROTECTION EQUIPMENT
ELECTRIC VACUUM DEVICES
INDUSTRIAL FIRING DEVICES
RPC FOR MOTOR TRANSPORT EQUIPMENT
Main:  On the Institute

  ABOUT THE INSTITUTE
 
The VNIIA Management
Director - Sergey Yu. Loparev   Sergey Yu. Loparev, Doctor of Economics, Director. Winner of the Prize of the RF Government. His honors include: the Order of Friendship, the Order "For Merit to the Fatherland" 4th class, the Medal of the Order "For Merit to the Fatherland" 1st class, the Medal of the Order "For Merit to the Fatherland" 2nd class, the Medal "In Memory of 850th Anniversary of Moscow".
Born on July 13, 1961 in Moscow.

Chief Designer

  Alexander V. Sidorov, Doctor of Technical Sciences, Chief Designer. His honors include the Medal of the Order "For Merit to the Fatherland" 1st class.
Born on September 25, 1970 in Chelyabinsk.

First Deputy Director - Konstantin N. Danilenko

  Konstantin N. Danilenko, Doctor of Technical Sciences, First Deputy Director, First Deputy Chief Designer, Head of the Research & Production Center for Pulse Technique. Twice winner of the Prize of the RF Government, Honored Designer of Russia. His honors include: the Order of Honor, the Order "For Merit to the Fatherland" 4th class.
Born on April 17, 1946 in Moscow.

Deputy Directorr - KAlexander V. Andriyash

  Alexander V. Andriyash, Doctor of Physical and Mathematical Sciences, Scientific Director. Winner of the State Prize and the Prize of the RF Government.
His honors include the Order of Friendship.
Born on August 28, 1954 in Novoukrainka, the Kirovograd Region.
First Deputy Science Director - Yuri N. Barmakov   Prof. Yuri N. Barmakov, Doctor of Technical Sciences, First deputy scientific director. Winner of the USSR Lenin and State Prizes. Honoured Worker of Science of the RF. His honors include: the Order of the Red Banner of Labour, the Order of Honor, the Order "For Merit to the Fatherland" 4th class, the Order of Aleksandr Nevsky.
Born on January 7, 1932 in Moscow.

Our success is in our traditions

Products of VNIIA

The All-Russia Research Institute of Automatics (Russian acronym - VNIIA) was founded in 1954. VNIIA enters into the State Corporation for Atomic Energy "Rosatom".

Nikolai L. Dukhov, an outstanding designer and scientist, thrice Hero of Socialist Labor, correspondent member of the Academy of Sciences of the USSR, lieutenant general of engineering military service, was appointed and became the first director, research manager, and chief designer of the Institute. Under his directorship (1954-1964) all research areas of the new Institute were formed, R&D, industrial engineering, and testing subdivisions were established. The main thing that Dukhov succeeded to do was forming of a united creative team of researchers and establishment of a universal self-improving system for development, fabrication and operation of products, which allowed the Institute quickly to turn into one of the leading facilities of the industry.

VNIIA staff included outstanding persons famous not only within the atomic industry but far beyond it. These were the first Hero of the Soviet Union A.V. Lyapidevskiy and the Hero of Socialist Labour N.I. Pavlov. The Hero of Socialist Labour A.A. Brish has been still working at the Institute. Over 1,000 specialists of our Institute were awarded by the Government. Among them there are over 140 winners of the USSR Lenin and State Prizes, State Prize of the RF, Prize of the RF Government, three Honored Scientists, four Honored Designers, one Honored Machine Engineer, and one Honored Economist of Russia. The staff of the Institute has been awarded with the Order of the October Revolution and the Order of the Red Banner of Labour.

Since 1964 the Institute has borne the name of its first leader N.L.Dukhov.

In 1960s-1990s the laboratories, production shops, and computing center were equipped with state-of-the-art hardware; a pleiad of high-skilled experts grew, the enterprise management system was updated. The Institute became a leading organization of the branch in a number of scientific and technical areas; a lot of unique products were developed; design and fabrication of electric vacuum and semiconductor devices previously made by companies of the other industrial branches were arranged. These activities were organized at the new Moskvorechie site. Production buildings of the Institute, housing facilities for the staff, a social center with canteen, a trade school, children summer camp and kindergarten were being constructed at increased rate.

Late 1990s became the most difficult from economical point of view period of the Institute life, nevertheless VNIIA continued progressing even in those years. Two strategically important decisions were made: first, to start serial manufacture of some products developed at the Institute; and second, start designing and fabricating new promising kinds of civil products using previous experience and the best world practices in the area of electronics. A "replacing" production of the key electronic components was arranged instead of that lost in CIS countries. At the same time subdivisions that designed and manufactured technologically similar products were structurally integrated into research & production complexes manufacturing electronics, electric vacuum equipment, and semiconductor devices. Quality assurance (QA) system established at the Institute in 1978 strongly evolved based on the developed sets of consistent standards regulating functions of subdivisions in each field of the equipment production. VNIIA's QA system is certified to conform to the efficient Russian and international standards.

At the beginning of the third millennium a new stage of full-scale diversification has been launched. VNIIA proved its status as a cost effective and competitive company. The Institute is being re-equipped with state-of-the-art manufacturing and testing equipment, as well as control and analytical instrumentation. The scope of fabricated hi-tech products designed at the Institute grows, including exported articles. New "replacing" productions and new research & production complexes are established, theoretical research and mathematical modeling capabilities are consolidated. The Institute ensures favorable conditions for recruiting highly qualified specialists creatively working in new areas of science and technology.

In 2010 Research Institute of Pulse Technique (Russian acronym - NIIIT) merged with VNIIA by the decision of the atomic industry management aimed at consolidation of the Institute and its further development in compliance with the decree of the RF President. Since January 1, 2010 it is Research & Production Center for Pulse Technique under VNIIA.

NIIIT, founded in 1961 on the basis of a laboratory of the Institute of Chemical Physics under the USSR Academy of Sciences as an affiliated facility of KB-25, was a specialized company that developed measuring means and physical measurement techniques for testing various articles, and also for control of the International Nuclear-Test-Ban Treaty, where a wide range of equipment for measuring amplitude-time characteristics of electromagnetic, optical, and ionizing radiation and seismic waves was designed. Joining of close VNIIA's and NIIIT's R&D activity areas allowed the staff to focus their efforts on the key tasks, rationally use production space and equipment, and considerably enhance research potential and competitiveness of these areas and VNIIA as a whole.

Pursuant to the Decree of the RF President VNIIA affiliated in 2014 the Design Bureau for Motor Transport Equipment (FSUE DB MTE), now named VNIIA Research and Production Center for Motor Transport Equipment (RPC MTE - Mytishchi site), in order to improve the structure of the RF nuclear weapon complex and enhance efficiency of the use of its potential.

FSUE DB MTE was established in 1958 by the decision of the government of the USSR as a special design-and-technology bureau responsible for development in the interests of the RF Ministry of Defense of mobile maintenance units including special-purpose motor vehicles, hoisting and operational equipment. After the affiliation VNIIA increased its research, design and production potential, gained the possibility of developing pilot and production models of special motor vehicles and diagnostics systems used for elimination of consequences of eventual accidents involving nuclear- and radiation-hazardous materials.

On January 1, 2015 the State Corporation Rosatom appointed the All-Russia Research Institute of Automatics named after N.L. Dukhov the head organization in development of robotics complexes (RC) and remotely controlled system (RCS). To ensure these activities, VNIIA established a structural unit - Center of Robotics and Accident Response (CRAR - Otradnoe site). CRAR is charged to fulfill functions of an emergency and rescue unit at Rosatom radiation- and nuclear-hazardous production facilities and objects located in Moscow and Moscow region.

CRAR is established on the basis of VNIIA-affiliated Engineering and Training Center of Robotics (ETCR) that started its activities in 1994 and was initially under Research and Design Institute of Mounting Technology (NIKIMT), and in 2006 became an affiliate of FSUE "Emergency and Technical Center of RF Ministry of Atomic Energy" (St. Petersburg). The activity of ETCR was aimed at development and creation of robotics complexes, implementation of basic technologies for remote accident-relevant works, and application of these technologies for mitigation of radiation accidents.

ETCR science-and-technology and design experience in development of robotic technologies is now accumulated in CRAR. Affiliation with VNIIA is a new stage in the development of the center that results in production diversification, extension of products market and recovery of the status of a branch specialized robotics organization.

The Institute total employment is over 5,000 people, including over 130 candidates and doctors of science.

We are sure that our motto "Our success is in our traditions" reflects our philosophy that is based on both flexible response to current challenges and intention to accomplish national tasks in the best and honest manner, and satisfy customers needs.

RESEARCH, DESIGN AND PRODUCTION CAPABILITIES >>

VNIIA SITES

 
© FSUE "VNIIA", 2002-2015