Main: Radiation monitors: GNOME|
Hand-held radiation monitor "GNOME" booklet (PDF ~ 1,3 Mb)
- scanning people, transport vehicles and railway cars that pass the checkpoints in order to prevent potential theft of nuclear and radioactive materials (SNM);
- monitoring of environment radioactive contamination (area, rooms), food products, hold up and leakage of radioactive materials from pipelines and etc.
PRINCIPLE OF OPERATION: detecting SNM X- and gamma-rays in the range 40 to 3000 keV on the natural background, which is measured and taken into account during signal analysis.
COMPONENTS: small-dimension remote detection unit, control unit and a coupling rod (extender).
|Detection threshold at scanning speed no more than 0.5 m/s:
|For nuclear materials at distance 10 cm (g)
||2 (U-235); 0,15 (Pu-239)
|For radioactive materials at distance 10 cm (kBq)
||44 (Co-60); 54 (Cs-137);
40 (Am-241); 50 (Ra-226)
|For gamma radiation exposure rate exceeding the background, (μR/h)
||171 (Co-60); 51 (Cs-137);
7,5 (Am-241); 136 (Ra-226)
|False alarm frequency
||Set in the range 0.1 to 1.0 per minute
||4 ÀÀ batteries
|Time of continuous operation
|Operating temperature range
||-40 to +50 °Ñ
||0.43 kg (without the rod)
- The monitor is composed of two units: remote detector and control unit that can be connected directly forming a compact monoblock or with using a 0.5...3 m long rod. This construction allows easily inspecting places, which are difficult for access and rooms up to 5 m high.
- It is equipped with the audio and digital indication. Whenever the NRM radiation exceeds the alarm threshold, the monitor makes a sound, the tonality of which changes depending on the gamma ray count rate.
- The wide operating temperature range is achieved with automatic compensation of ambient temperature effects.
- The monitor can operate in the NRM detection mode and in the background measurement mode.
- The monitor has the automatic battery discharge indication.
- The monitor can be connected to PC via a standard interface.
- The monitor has the conformance certificate.
The designation in procurement orders and in documentation: "Hand-held radiation monitor "Gnome" ÒÆÈÓ412131.003 ÒÓ".
|© FSUE "VNIIA", 2002-2015|