Main: Radiation monitors: TSRM85|
Radiation monitoring system TSRM85 booklet (PDF ~ 1,38 Mb)
- automatic detection of special nuclear materials (SNM) and radioactive substances (RS) to prevent unauthorized transporting them through the access control points (ACP) by persons or using transport vehicles;
- monitoring radioactive contamination of transport vehicles, regions, and detection of ionization sources in different technological and production processes.
PRINCIPLE OF OPERATION: detecting NRM neutron radiation in the range 40 to 3000 keV on the natural background, which is measured and taken into account during signal analysis.
COMPONENTS: power and control unit (PCU), 1 to 8 detection units (DU), additional moderators and set of connection cables.
|Detection threshold (for one DU, 3 s monitoring time at the distance of 50 cm from DU)
||50 g Pu
|Range of monitoring time adjustment
||1 - 100 s
|False alarm frequency
||1 per 1000 passages
||Mains 220 V AC, 50 Hz, 100 W
|Continuous operating time
|Operating temperature range
||-40 to +50 °Ñ
|Weight of the detection unit
||no more than 6 kg
|Weight of the additional moderator
||no more than 4,8 kg
|Weight of the power and control unit
||no more than 1,6 kg
|Neutron detector unit dimensions
|Power and control unit dimensions
- The number of detection units (from 1 to 8) and the distance between them can be selected on the basis of the existing configuration of the monitoring area, detection threshold and NM type.
- Due to small dimensions of the detection unit and the structural flexibility of the TSRM61 it is possible to install the TSRM61 at checkpoints of any type easily and quickly, including those being in operation; it is also possible to use them in doorways and conveyors for examining luggage, hand luggage, mail items, etc.
- Transportation and package are monitored with DU with additional moderator.
- RS485 (RS232) Interface allows using TSRM61 jointly with other systems.
- Audio, digital and light indication provides for easy setup and off-line operation.
- The software allows adjusting detection sensitivity on site.
|© FSUE "VNIIA", 2002-2015|